U.S.S. Cairo | On of the first American ironclad warships. Cairo was built by James Eads and Co., Mound City, Illinois. In June 1862, she captured the Confederate garrison of Fort Pillow on the Mississippi, enabling Union forces to occupy Memphis. She served with the army’s Western Gunboat Flotilla on the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers, and their tributaries until she was transferred to the Navy on October 1, 1862 with the other river gunboats. Cairo features a solid Basswood hull, Britannia cast metal fittings, Photo-etched brass details, laser-cut parts, resin, brass, styrene, thread, and wire. Display cradle is also included. It is important to note that some pictured items may have been built with optional items not included as part of standard kits, such as pedestals, bases, cases, paint, etc. If there are any questions about the contents of a particular kit, please contact Bluejacket.
Finished Model: $1,990.00